Just five minutes away in Rachi you’ll find a fabulous local Greek taverna. There are a multitude of shops and restaurants in Nidri about seven minutes away. Across the island there are any number of things to choose to do should you decide not to spend the day lazing around the villa and enjoying the view. Here are some ideas and pictures or visit our Facebook page for more information. Our Villa Manager will visit you when you arrive and offer you advice on places to visit and eat so you can enjoy your holiday to the full.
- Hire a Motorboat in Nidri and explore the nearby islands
- Wonderful Greek tavernas, local food and traditional villages
- World class sandy beaches with crystal clear water
- Forest walks and the nearby local waterfalls
- Cultural buildings including Faneromeni monastery & several historic forts
- Local yacht charter and watersports or take one of the many excursions available from Nidri town quay to nearby islands and beaches
- World class windsurfing at Vassiliki
- Or why not visit the local winery, home of some fine Greek wines, and combine this with lunch overlooking Sivota bay
Lefkada’s Beautiful Beaches
With no less than 396 “Blue Flag” beaches Greece has, yet again, achieved the distinction of placing second amongst 51 countries worldwide for having clean beaches.
Already the envy of the world for their warm, azure blue seas and long expanses of white sand, Greek beaches continue to earn the recognition of the Danish based FEE (Foundation for Environmental Education) for beaches meeting the highest environmental standards. These standards include not just the cleanliness of the water and the shoreline but also the protection of the natural habitat and the safety of visitors.
Among the Greek beaches recognised, no less than six are on the island of Lefkada including the beach at Nidri below Villa Gabriella. Also recognised on the island are the beaches at Agios Nikitas – Pefkoulia, Ai Giannis, Kathisma 1, Lefkada Gyra and Porto Katsiki
More information is available at: http://www.blueflag.org/